Sunday, April 19, 2009

Thai Recipe - Chicken with Coconut curry Sauce

I made this recipe last night and it was enjoyed by all - even jamie ate some of the chicken. I mentioned it on my facebook page and thought I would share it with everyone. I had cut out the recipe from some magazine, but made a number of changes last night (it looks like a Bon Appetit recipe), so I'll give you my version.

Chicken with Coconut Curry Sauce
Serves 4

2 lbs boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
2 tblsp. vegetable oil
1 bunch scallions, cut into 1" pieces
5 teasp. Thai Green Curry Paste
2/3 cup chicken broth
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2 tblsp. lime juice

In large saucepan, heat 1 T oil and cook scallions. Once cooked, remove scallions and set aside.
In same pan, heat up remaining 1 T oil and cook chicken, stirring. - about 5 minutes. Once cooked, remove chicken and set aside.
Add curry paste and chicken broth to pan, stir and reduce to glaze - about 3 minutes.
Add coconut milk; cook until sauce coats spoon, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.
Add lime juice, chicken and scallions.
Reduce heat to med-low and simmer until chicken is fully cooked and it is heated.

We served this with jasmine rice.

No comments: